Re: xbind:module == xsl:script + an essential layer of indirection

Hi Clark,

> Where in the xsl:script spec is a URI provided to identify the
> functionality described? There is a prefix, and this is not a global
> URI. Also there is a "src", and this is not a language independent
> URI and must be missing when the script code is included in the
> stylesheet. So, What am I missing? Where is this
> implementation-independent-uri in the 1.1 Draft?

I think that the namespace URI referred to by the implements-prefix
attribute is the implementation independent URI.  Several xsl:script
elements can share the same prefix/URI but have different languages.

Presumably the namespace URI referred to by the implements-prefix
attribute would resolve to an implementation-independent functional
description of the functions in that module/namespace in the same way
that the namespace URI used for a particular XML vocabulary would
resolve to some kind of description of the vocabulary (i.e. you might
get something human-readable, you might get something
machine-readable, you might not get anything at all).

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison