Re: URL rewriting of links on xsl pages?

Kevin Duffey wrote:

> cookies. Therefore we must use url rewriting to encode the session id value
> in the url. This needs to be done for EVERY link (and form) on every single
> page.

You could, when you're dealing with a non-cookie-enabled client, pass
the SID as a parameter, defaulted in your XSL to a value (like empty)
which you can test to see whether you have received an SID or not - then
construct the URLs accordingly.

Or (presuming you're server-side) you could place the SID in a temporary
session-specific XML file and bring it into your XSL via document().
This would require passing the temp file's name as a parameter anyway,
so only worth doing if the temp file will contain a bunch of other
usable stuff as well as the SID - when it can be a handy way to pass a
lot of "parameters" around without cluttering up the top end of your
stylesheets with their declarations.

Colin