RE: How to "quo" without "quo"

Every time I've seen an example like that it's been "... mod 2".

PC2

-----Original Message-----
From: Lindy Quick [mailto:lindyq@iwon.com]
Sent: March 8, 2001 14:07
To: XSL List
Subject: [xsl] How to "quo" without "quo"

Hello,

I have found previous examples of the "quo" operator, but I realize that
it is no longer in the standard.  Can anyone tell me why it was removed
and how to perform its functionality another way?

I am trying to calculate the median, and am having problems.  I think the
way it will have to be done is to sort the list, count the list, divide
the count by 2 returning a whole number, and then select the position of
the divided count.  This is what I am attempting to do below, but it is
not working.

<xsl:for-each select="profile-table/row/Whole-request">
  <xsl:sort data-type="number" order="descending"/>
  <xsl:if test="position()=count(profile-table/row) quo 2">
    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
  </xsl:if>
</xsl:for-each>

If I set the position to a static number it is fine.  I have also tried
checking just the count(profile-table/row) quo 2 and that is how I found
out that quo no longer exists in the standard.

I look forward to any help you can provide.
Thanks in advance
Lindy Quick

--
iWon <http://www.iwon.com/> - Voted the #1 portal on the Web!