Resend: Is there a way ...

Resend: sorry the spell checker did some unwanted converting to my previous
email, and this time it should be a better question:

----------------------------

My stylesheet converts from XML to XML, changing values or structure. For
most part it just copies what's in the input XML to the output XML.

But if the input has
& apos ; (')
or
& quot ; (")
, the output changes them to
and
, which is not good. I'd like to preserve what was in the input. Is there a
way to do that?

I'm using my stylesheet on Saxon and I'm implicitly using XML as the output
method.

Thanks in advance!

-Allen