RE: chaining transformations

Just as a little addition to the discussion about how to chain transformations:
jd.xslt offers the class TransformationChain which lets you just do this by
passing the input xml and all the stylesheets as arguments:

    java jd.xml.xslt.TransformationChain in.xml a.xsl b.xsl [more
stylesheets...]

The final result is then written to the standard output.
What is the advantage of that way? TransformationChain does not serialize
the interim results but rather uses the DOM result trees as input for the
next transformation - with the effect that the time for parsing the interim
results is saved.

Johannes