Re: browsers with XSL capabilities

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 11:10:15PM +0000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Bart Schuller writes:
>  > We make one called Morphon XMLEditor, although it uses CSS, not XSL. You
>  > can make the CSS have the same feel as your webpages though.
>
> you can't, you know. unless you can explain to me how to render
>
>  <figure file="foo.jpg"/>
>
> using CSS.

I'd love to know too. Right now we solve it by having a @media morphon
CSS rule that refers to a plugin.

In general CSS seems like a pretty good fit for an editor. There are
some things that could be handled better by XSL, but full XSL would be
completely over the top. After all we're still waiting for the first
XSL-FO capable browser to appear.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed