Re: Headers 'n Footers 'n XSL

Hi,

Assuming your XML looks like this:

<doc>
         <foo>
         </foo>
</doc>

Your XSL for individual pages could look something like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version='1.0' xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
<xsl:output method="html"/>
<xsl:include href="header_footer.xsl"/>

<xsl:template match="doc">
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

And your common header_footer.xsl something like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version='1.0' xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
<xsl:output method="html"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
         [header here]
         <xsl:apply-templates select="doc"/>
         [footer here]
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I'm sure this can be improved on some, but at least it works. The
interesting part is that from a file perspective, your individual pages
include the header/footer, but from an XSL perspective you can think of the
header_footer page including the other pages.

Arni