Re: create new output elements

Bruce,

I tried it and it worked fine. Maybe you're looking at the output in
Explorer without looking at the source. Since your output method is not
HTML, and the output elements are not known to the IE (HTML) display
engine, they have no formatting consequences: but they're there.

Well worth doing is to try your code in another engine to see if you can
duplicate the bug -- to make sure it's not a processing bug. MSXML3 is very
conformant -- but at least you can flush out when it's not actually a
problem with your XSLT.

Any particular reason you're using <xsl:element> and not the more succinct
(and legible) literal result elements, as in

<xsl:template match="FareRules">
   <Text>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="PenRules"/>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="MinStay"/>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="MaxStay"/>
   </Text>
</xsl:template>