RE: Re: XSL-List Digest V3 #731

Carlton,
Your transform knows nothing about the Request object *nor* does IE the
Request object is a serverside thing.
Again *look* at
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml/index.xml?/xml/tutorial/paging/paging.xml and you
will see you do not need to do this.
But if you need to do this as the result of a post for some bizarre reason
then create and add a request object to the processor.

var qs = document.location.search;
var Reqest = new Array();
var ps = qs.replace(/&/, "&");
var psa = ps.split("&");
for (var i=0; i < psa.length; i++){
	var p = psa[i].split("=");
	// add logic here for duplicate fields
	Request[p[0]] = p[1];
}

proc.addObject(Request, "urn:carltonNoles-RequestObject");

Then in your stylesheet add the urn
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:Request="urn:carltonNoles-RequestObject"

Then you can use it as in
<xsl:when match="LName=Request:QueryString('name')">
Note the ":"

This would have to be a very bizarre reason because I don't see how you can
execute your script if you are posting to some xml with <form
action="some.xml" that contains a stylesheet pi.

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml