Re: AW: generating a DTD with XML/XSL

Marcus writes:

> And to my second question: yes, I meant "how do I test if my XML
> document contains repeated elements."

XSL has a count() function which will return the number of
occurrences of the argument. The argument can be expressed
to frame the particular type or pattern of occurrence you
are trying to test (eg "how many phone numbers has this
customer given"?).

> As to the W3C, I know they are the source...but I can't seem to
> adjust my brain to their writing style, so I find myself looking for
> other sources.

Yes, formal standards language is difficult. Its sole redeeming
advantage is that it is [supposed to be] unambiguous. But you're
right, you need to get your head round the sometimes unusual
special meanings applied to some words.

///Peter