Re: XSQL/NAMESPACE

Hi Kevin,

> Using XSQL, I would like to include a lookup table in my XSL.
> However, I would also like to use a namespace for the lookup table
> elements. It is easy enough to have my query return column aliases
> that match a namesapce but the my problem is that XSQL also returns
> a root element of <ROWSET> and a child element <ROW> which contains
> all of the query elements. Thus, they do not match any type of
> namespace I am trying to establish. Can anyone think of a work
> around or possible suggestions. I guess I could maybe proceed
> without a namspace but it seems less elegant.

I'm not really sure what you're after here, but perhaps you could use
a stylesheet on the stuff you're getting from XSQL to transform the
null-namespace ROWSET elements into ones in the namespace that you
want them to be in? Really, though, everything is in a namespace, it's
just that one of the namespaces is the null namespace and that's the
one that the ROWSET and ROW elements are in. If you wanted to match
elements in the null namespace, you could use:

  *[not(namespace-uri())]

Can you give more details about what you're trying to do and why
having ROWSET and ROW in the null namespace is causing you problems?

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison