Re: JAXP Transformer contract

Nestel, Frank wrote:
> In our application we cache Templates objects and pool Transformer
> objects just to keep things fast.

Somewhat off-subject...

Saxon comes with a SaxonServlet.java that demonstrates a caching pattern
using a HashTable, and it seems to work well. Can someone email me
off-list with the design pattern for "pooling" objects such as
Transformer? I am assuming this means you have several Transformer
objects available, to make up for the lack of thread safety... if you
need one, it won't give you one unless it is believed to not be in use?

   - Mike