RE: using document() function in match attribute of xsl:key element- possible?

Ok I understand. Context! Thank you... Unfortunately this answer doesn't
solve my real problem =)

I'm trying to remove text content from my stylesheets, and load the text
from a static xml document, called lang.xml. The xml source will output an
element called "lang", which will have a value like "en" or "fr". I want my
stylesheets to reference bits of text content abstractly, using the value of
lang to determine how to find the actual text content within lang.xml.

More broadly, my problem is this: How do I approach developing xsl
stylesheets that are language-independent, where all text content is
retreived from a static XML source? Are there established methods for
accomplishing this? Are there any good tutorials or sites describing how to
do it?

Mike