RE: explicit filter

> I can now filter these nodes via filter (no way ;)
>
>   <xsl:variable name="filtered_elements" select="$elements[filter]"/>
>
> Unfortunately I need to filter the node set on something
> much more comlex. So I thouhght I could traverse the nodes,
> test them and return the good ones.

Your techniques can construct temporary trees containing copies of selected
nodes, but they can't create a subset of the original node-set.

It's surprising what you CAN do in a filter if you're enterprising - perhaps
you should give an example that you're having trouble with.

If necessary, there's the EXSLT func:function for this purpose.

Mike Kay
Software AG