Re: form example

> Great work. I've been looking for some XML 'standard' / 'API' for want of a
> better term, to transform into HTML forms for a current project.

so you know: that is the very small tip of a very large php/xml/xsl iceberg,
which I am building at this very moment. have a look at
http://www.binarycloud.com

that was a test, to make sure I was sane for choosing xsl. I was :)

the idea is to generate standard form xml on the fly from php based on
business rules, and send it all to this one (ha ahahahahahah! one!) xsl for
formatting.

> Have you seen the still work in progress XForms spec from w3c (
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/ )? If so, what do you think of it?

oh god, more reading...
just a moment...

ah got it, a form dtd. with other poof on top.

this is a good idea, glad someone's doing it. if they would publish
something, I'd comply with it.

> Any thoughts on XForms or other alternatives would be interesting to hear.

We came up with the idea of a standard form xml a while ago, I didn't know
the w3c was doing the same thing! :)

So, uh, I thought/think it was/is a good idea!

In the interim, I might very well comply with FML...
http://www.mozquito.org/index.html

thanks for the heads-up

:)

--