Re: $string + 'string' in one line

Ingo Schildmann wrote:

> The declaration of styles_dir seems to be the problematic part that produces
> the unwanted whitespace including the linebreak.
> I'm not absolutely sure why $styles_dir contains a linebreak,
> (imho a linebreak should occur after styles and any whitespace between
> <xsl:variable> and <xsl:copy-of> would be stripped),
> but the declaration with xsl:copy-of is unusual anyway.
>
> <xsl:variable name="styles_dir" select="concat($rootdir,'/styles')" />
> would avoid any unwanted whitespace in styles_dir.

A good solution, better than the obvious:

<xsl:variable name="styles_dir">
	<xsl:copy-of select="$root_dir"/>/styles<xsl:text/>
</xsl:variable>

which should put the "/styles" into its own text node. Since the
following carriage return and spaces before the "</xsl:variable>" are
now in *their* own text node, they should now get stripped. "A text node
is never stripped unless it contains only whitespace characters."
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt.html#strip)

Francis.