Re: Xsl in xml

Rachid Taji wrote:
> I'm developing a tool that transform an xml file to xsl file by ussing a
xsl
> file. I do this to generate xsl files.
>
> XMLfile + XslFile ---XSLT---> XslFile.
>
> because when i add a xsl code i have the following error message:
>
> The namespace prefix "xsl" was not declared.

If you get an error message like that, the solution is simple: declare the
namespace!

> My question is how can I process an XML file that contains xsl code.

Using XSLT to create an XSLT stylesheet is tricky, because you have some
elements from the XSLT namespace in your original stylesheet that are meant
to be added to your result document as opposed to being treated as
instructions for manipulating the source tree. You need namespace-alias for
this. I wrote something about how to do it at
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/04/04/trxml/index.html.

Bob DuCharme            www.snee.com/bob             <bob@
snee.com>      see http://www.snee.com/bob/xsltquickly for
info on upcoming "XSLT Quickly" from Manning Publications.