RE: external files

> I need to import an external file specified in my XML source
> into the output
> of my XSL transform. Ideally I would like to subject this
> external file to a
> seperate, source-specified XSL transform before piping it
> into the output
> stream. How can I best get this done?

Is the external file XML?

You'll need to do some scripting of some kind, and the details will depend
on your processor. With TrAX (=JAXP 1.1) I might tackle it by loading the
document using the document() function, and writing a URIResolver to do the
separate transform before handing over the result.

Alternatively since you are copying the external file unchanged, you could
include it at the serialization stage: many processors have a SAX interface
between the transformer and the serializer, so you can put a SAX filter in
between to modify the data stream at this stage.

Mike Kay
Software AG