Re: Re:

> Perhaps you think it's natural, but in (almost) any procedural language, the
> conditional processing comes *outside* the assignment.

The political spin is that procedural languages are corrupted by the
necessity to mirror the architecture of the machine, declarative
programming in general (and functional programming in particular) is
more in tune with the natural logic of the algorithm being implemented
(but haven't been popular historically as the extra machine processing
required has some performance costs) Unfortunately some people have been
brainwashed into thinking that C (or even Java) is "natural", and so
no longer recognise the "natural" constructs.

Don't compare XSL to C, compare it to lisp or ML.

David

There may be some :-) missing from this message, but I'm not sure.