This is the mail archive of the
mailing list .
Re: Extra xmlns=""
- To: <xsl-list at lists dot mulberrytech dot com>
- Subject: Re: [xsl] Extra xmlns=""
- From: Laurence O Garfield <lgarfiel at students dot depaul dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:54:56 -0500 (CDT)
- Reply-To: xsl-list at lists dot mulberrytech dot com
On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, David Carlisle wrote:
> As Mike commented, two of those systems are getting this wrong.
> Unfortunately you haven't shown enough of the stylesheet to determine
> which. (just need to see the xsl:stylesheet start tag)
> <xsl:template match="article">
> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en">
> so here <html is in the XHTML namespace as are all unprefixed elements
> _in that template_.
Ah! Now I see.
I checked the <xsl:stylesheet> tag, and I did not have a no-prefix
namespace defined. When I added
to the <xsl:stylesheet> tag and ran it again, I did not get the extra
undeclarations. So it appears that MSXML and XT were correct, and Xalan
was in error.
Thanks, Dave! I guess I should let the Xalan folks know... :-)
XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list