Re: position within same nodes

Larry,

Try (count(preceding-sibling::meep)+1), or
(count(preceding-sibling::*[name()=name(current())])+1) for the general case.

<xsl:number/> is another way to go. It can get fairly complex (look it up
in the spec), but in this case you shouldn't need any attributes to
configure the counting: it'll default to what you want. Bind it to a
variable if you need to retrieve it through XPath.

Cheers,
Wendell