RE: hard core xlt ;-)

Where you wish to produce XSL transformations as a batch job. Lets say
you have XML files that define different types of information. You wish
to create XSLT files that generate a HTML form for viewing and editing
the different types of info.
It also gives a performance advantage because at run time you do not
have to parse the XML which contains the type definition.