RE: URL variables

You're close.  The param statement you have will get the value of the
parameter passed in during the XSLT invocation or [I think] the current node
tree.  Instead simply use:

    <xsl:parameter name="id" select=""/>

and make sure that when you invoke the transformer (I'm assuming that you're
using a servlet,) that you pass in the parameter.

using Xalan-J, it would look something like:

    Transformer.setParameter("id", request.getParameterValues("id")[0]);

HTH

Steve Crowers
Software Engineer

Liberate Technologies
2 Walnut Grove,
Suite 200
Horsham, PA 19044
Phone: 215-773-9400 x 9514
Fax: 215-773-9401
scrowers@liberate.com
http://www.liberate.com

"The good Lord sets definite limits on man's wisdom but sets no limits on
his stupidity -- and that's just not fair." --Konrad Adenauer, German
Chancellor