Re^4: ?XSLT Repository?

Jim "Cutlass" Fuller writes (in part):
>a pure XSLT library is more tactical in scope, its something that is
>immediately useful with respect to creating XSLT, but i don't think its
>an OASIS or W3 effort, its a project at sourceforge probably, with the
>dev community at large adding to it. Though (as the people from all
>these efforts full well now [sic]), it tends to be a small group that
>actually submit implementations, not to mention coordinating engineering
>stds, etc.

I agree that it's out-of-scope for the W3C. I think that some people see
it as an OASIS project because it can then have more validity and
visibility. In other words, OASIS is already set up for coordination
among several contributing engineers/designers, and specializes in XML
development. Under SourceForge, it may get lost among the thousands of
projects seeking contributions.

I should also mention Apache. The Apache XML project occasionally adds
a new piece, like the XML canonicalizer that is now under consideration.
A stylesheet library would probably not sit well with the rest of Apache
XML, which is more about processors, servers, and similar modules of
executable code.

If you have one stylesheet or set of templates that you think is a good
example, also consider sending it to Dave Pawson for the FAQ.
.................David Marston