Re: xslt select expression

Thanks very much for the namespace URI explanation.  I have only been teaching myself XSLT for about a week and had read about the arbitrariness of the URI in Michael Kay's 2d edition but it wasn't clear to me what the validation process is.  So whomever wrote the processer (parser?) is responsible for hard-coding the various known URIs, right?

Mark