convert xml file to flat file using XSLT or ASP

Gurnandan Kaur writes:
 > Hi
 >
 > Is there any way I can convert XML file to flat file.
 > We are using windows NT and so COM components.

An empty file is flat, and easy to create.  I expect that's not what
you want though.

What information in the file do you want to preserve and what
information is expendable?

Is there any such information that is currently only represented in
the structure?

By "flat file" do you mean plain text or XML that's only one level
deep?