Re: Exclusive formatting..

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 23:40:38 +0800 (WST), you wrote:

>Hey all,
>	I've been trying to maintain a large app at work that uses an XML
>stylesheet to return valid HTML from XML documents stored in a CVS
>repositry.
>
>To make the story short, I've been trying to learn XSL in the vauge hope
>it'll make life easier if I know what I'm trying to maintain :)
>
>But I've already ran into a problem. I want to create a stylesheet that
>will basically take in a "page" element, containing multiple "news" items.
>Each "news" item will have a "author" value, a subject (the name of the
>item), and a set of text.
>
>For some reason the stylesheet I'm using prints the formatted text fine,
>but then images the original text. I'm sure there's a fundimental concept
>I'm missing here :)

Perhaps just a simple typo: what do you think the last apply-templates
is doing?  You have already handled all the children of the 'news'
element explicitly, this will visit them all again.

What you may not know is that there is a set of built-in templates
which by default essentially output all the text without any markup.
This is where your 'ghost' copy is coming from.

Regards,
Trevor Nash

--
Traditional training & distance learning,
Consultancy by email

Melvaig Software Engineering Limited
voice:     +44 (0) 1445 771 271
email:     tcn@melvaig.co.uk