Re: Trying to find a working XSLT processor

At 01/09/06 09:22 -0700, Benjamin Franz wrote:
>On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, G. Ken Holman wrote:
>
> > p.s. and "no, I cannot change my XML" as I believe this is properly
> > constructed XML and I use dozens of configuration parameters in this
> > fashion in my slide show document model ... it is just that none of the
> > other processors I've tried support it
>
>XT is _OLD_. And has a number of known non-compliances.

Regarding XSLT, yes, which is why I'm switching processors to get key() ...
I am unaware of any faults regarding XML processing in XT.

>Your belief about
>your XML being properly constructed is incorrect.

I respectfully disagree.

You don't mention which XML processor you are using, but the error message
refers to a "marked section in the internal DTD subset" when, in fact, I
have the marked section in an external DTD subset.  The processor is either
giving bogus error messages, or whoever implemented it doesn't know the
terminology.

>This has nothing to do with the XSLT processor

Every XSLT processor has an embedded XML processor and the result in this
case is the well-formed stylesheet is being rejected.

>(the above 'xmlparse' is
>nothing but a fully validating XML parser with good error reporting).

I disagree ... whichever processor you are using is giving you a false
sense of security ... it doesn't work.

>Your
>XML is simply invalid

Can you quote chapter and verse from the XML Recommendation to back up your
argument rather than relying on faulty software?  I will gladly respect a
corrected interpretation of the XML Recommendation if you can prove I am wrong.

I hope you find this helpful.

................. Ken

--
Training Blitz: 3-days XSLT/XPath, 2-days XSLFO in Ottawa 2001-10-01/05

G. Ken Holman                      mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.               http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0     +1(613)489-0999   (Fax:-0995)
Web site:     XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, training, products.
Book:  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath ISBN 1-894049-06-3
Article: What is XSLT? http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/08/holman/index.html
Next public instructor-led training:      2001-09-18,09-19,10-01,10-04,
-                                         10-22,11-05,12-09,12-10,02-02