RE: How do you get the non-transformed character entity out of MSXML3.0

> Yes I may be confused on that one issue but
> the issue still remains ...as discussed in previous
> posts on this subject...that I have not
> yet been able to load the xml structure into
> the DOM via Visual Basic and then have it
> spit back out the character entity in it's pre-parsed
> value ....

As I thought others had explained, the DOM holds the result of parsing the
XML, it keeps no record of what the data looked like before it was parsed,
so there is no way of getting the pre-parsed value. There is no way of
telling once parsing is complete whether the value was originally input as
"<", as "<", as "<", or as "<". And it shouldn't matter,
because they are all equivalent.

Mike Kay