Re: Fw: <script> tag

> My question is: should the <script> tag mean anything for a XSLT
> parser?
> Is this a bug on the parser or i'm i doing something wrong?

In the html output method then yes, < and & will not be escaped (because
script is a CDATA element in HTML, something not possible in XML)

but in the xml output method that you are using then no.
the result you show is not well formed and is therefore a bug in the
XSLT system you are using (not in the parser).

by specifying cdata-section-elements="script" you are indicating that
you would rather see

<script language="javascript"><![CDATA[alert("<>")]]></script>
than
<script language="javascript">alert("&lt;&gt;")</script
but you should not get
<script language="javascript">alert("<>")</script>

you should report this as a bug on a xalan list.

David