How to divide footnotes from the rest of the text ?

Hi All,
Can anyone help me in solving this problem ?
In XML - PDF conversion, how to divide footnotes from the rest of the text
by a separator using formatting objects ie <FO> tags in XSL. I am writing
the following code for the separator, but it is not giving the desired
output.

<fo:page-sequence>
<fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-footnote-separator">
<fo:block>
<fo:leader leader-pattern="rule"
leader-length="100%"
rule-style="solid"