Processing MS-Generated XML's

Novice question:

I'm processing a XML file generated with VB and ADO [1].
This file uses several namespaces.

I edited the XML file and removed the namespaces before
processing with XSLT. This worked fine

However, if I use a file with namespaces, I donīt see
the inner nodes.

Can anyone send me a link to some place where I could
find more information about this situation ?

TIA
Jorge

[1] "Transfer data between databases".- VBPJ - Aug 2001 (www.vbpj.com with
DevX Locator+  VB0108SS)