Re: Serializing external XML documents

Thank you very much (you two, Jeni and Mike) for your comments and
suggestions.

I will explore the idea of combining a custom EntityResolver with the
document() function.

The suggestion from Mike to use JAXP is the most practical one, but it is
an invitation to use the XSLT processor like a high level Java API to
process XML transformations and getting rid of the "pure" XSLT programming
little by little. We could even end up programing in Java using some "Java
extension functions" in XSTL. I expect (hope) XSLT 2.0 would provide means
of avoiding this (for the ones who love XSLT at least).

Pedro Pastor.