XSLT basics

I am a beginner on XSLT. I read some documents and am not
very clear about these concepts. Please correct me if I
understand it wrong.

1) Element -- The whole thing from start tag and end tag

	e.g., <book title="XSLT Programming" date="2001-03-03">XSLT</book>

2) Node
   -- A single point on the document tree. Can be any one of an element
node,
   attribute node, namespace node, processing instruction node, comment node

   or text node.

3) Element node

   -- Just the <book></book> part, excluding attributes, text nodes ...

   It seems the element includes attributes, text, etc., but the
   element node does not. right or wrong?

4) descendant::*

   -- includes all element nodes, attribute nodes, text nodes, etc. down
   from the current node (in the tree). right or wrong?

Thanks for any comments.

Jonathan