Strip CRLF/newline only

Up until now I've watched the white space issues bounce around wondering why
it's a problem, now I've got a whitespace issue I'm not having a lot of luck
with....

I have a bunch of XML formatted with CRLF (newlines) to make the XML look
pretty, e.g.:

        <person>
            <name>
                <last/>, <first/>
            </name>
            <dateofbirth/>
            <address>
                <addr1/>, <city/>, <state/>
            </address>
        </person>

In the text nodes there are significant spaces (the ones following the
commas) that I want to preserve.  I don't want the extension to see the
newline/CRLF's.  I assume this is a filter, but what's it look like?