Re: Xalan Encoding Problems - RETRACTION

OK, I need to retract what I last posted:  it looks like using an older
Xerces does NOT TOTALLY work.

Here is what I am doing:

I am using Xalan to transform an XML document into an FO object.  I am
importing a stylesheet that is encoded in ISO-8859-1, which I got from
http://www.renderx.com and allows me to add a barcode to my FO object.  I
then use RenderX XEP renderer to render the FO document into PDF.

When I use the latest Xerces JAR file, Xalan dies complaining that it cannot
process ISO-8859-1 encoding.  I reverted to an older version of Xerces and
it worked fine.  However, rendering my FO using RenderX show a barcode that
looked horrible.  All of the vertical lines, except one, was missing.

Using the lastest version of Saxon worked perfectly and it looks like I am
force to abandon Xalan for the time being.

If you wish to test this yourself, download the sample XSL and XML files at
http://www.renderx.com/barcodes.html and prove that I am crazy.

Thanks

Raul Rodriguez
New York City