Getting several instances to be parsed in one variable

Hello to everyone,

I have a simple but very annoying problem. I have an indefinite number of
files, whose names are in my parsed instance. I want to get values in all
of them, and several times.

I defined therefore a variable, like this :
<xsl:variable name="g_modules">
     <xsl:for-each select="/root/my/filenames">
                 <xsl:variable name="l_path">
                         <xsl:value-of select="$p_my_dir"/>
                         <xsl:text>/</xsl:text>
                         <xsl:value-of select="."/>
                         <xsl:text>.xml</xsl:text>
                 </xsl:variable>

                 <xsl:copy-of select="document($l_dm_path)"/>
     </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:variable>

Now, I want to parse this variable. But each time I use it, I get this
message from msxml3 (through msxsl) :
------------
Error occurred while executing stylesheet 'sheet.xsl'.

Code:   0x80004005
Reference to variable or parameter 'g_module' must evaluate to a node list.

I suppose it is the infamous nose-set/node-list problem, but I want my code
to be portable, so I don't want to use any extension to convert one to the
other. I thought I could use xsl:apply-templates or xsl:for-each, but I get
the error each time. Any ideas ?

Thanks

--
Paul TERRAY - Documents Management Systems Engineer
email : terray@4dconcept.fr