Re: Looping over a CSV in XSL

----- Original Message -----
From: "Khan, Amir" <amkhan@lehman.com>
> I currently use the contains function and treat the list as a BIG string
but
> this is very crude and not for problems e.g.
>
> List = "Fredrick, Aaron, john, peter"
> I want to do a test in XSL e.g. if(inCSV(@forname))
>
> Where if @forename = "F" the match would fail (it currently doesn't as F
is
> a subset of Fredrick) ;-(

your best best are

a) make xml instead of csv externally, if possible
b) use node-set extension, this is not part of XSLT but a common extension
found in most XSLT processors

http://www.idev.cz/DataConvert/csv2xml_en.html
here is a tool that does simple csv 2 xml conversion, i am sure that ther
are others out there.

cheers, jim fuller