linking within a document

Hi List,

I am just embarking upon the XSL path and so please forgive a
[possibly] very simple question.

My xml is something like:

<root>
   <artist>
     <id>
       <id_name>person's name</id_name>
       <id_number>#1</id_number>
     </id>
     <name>person's name</name>
     <some detail>xxxx</some detail>
   </artist>
   <artist>
    <as above>
    </as above>
   </artist>
</root>

I want to end up with an html doc that lists the names of the artists
in a table at the top such that they link to the artists' individual
table [which holds all their deatails] further down the page.

I can get the layout OK, but cannot figure out how to make the names
link! Any and all advice is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Adam