with or without the root? [was: Identity stylesheet]

David Carslile said:
> actually i meant (but did not say) /|@*|node()
> but that's just on the _match_ for the template you don't want / in the
> recursive apply-templates select otherwise you will just loop forever on
> the document node.

Concerning my previous question, I've got your point about not
using the root element in the apply-templates. But
what is the difference of using
/|@*|node() on the _match_ for the template against using just
@*|node()? It seems to work any way.

Also about my message [xsl] Numbered references, thanks to Jeni,
David and Michael. I really appreciate your disposition to answer
questions on this list. I messed things up when using id "fig:one";
I was just mimicking the way I used to label parts of LaTeX documents.
There I used the prefix just as a convention that made it easy to
know what kind of thing I was refering to. I meant nothing about
namespaces in my example.

Regards,

Adriano