RE:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your comments. Some of the questions you have may be answered by
reading the complete group of specifications, not just XPath 2.0. Most
especially, note that the Functions and Operators document includes
arithmetic operators. Here is a list of the specifications associated with
XPath 2.0:

- XSLT 2.0:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/
- XPath 2.0
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/
- XQuery 1.0
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/
- data model for XQuery and XPath
  http://www.w3.org/TR/query-datamodel/
- functions and operators for XQuery and XPath
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-operators/

Zarella Rendon
for the W3C XSL WG