RE: Wishes for XSL revisions ...

>I'm not sure that was right - looking at the questions on this list it
>seems to be the programmers who are most easily confused.  Top of the
>list seems to be variables whose value cannot be changed and for loops
>which aren't.
>
>Regards,
>Trevor Nash

I think the answer is in that statement.  I have two points:

1.  Is there ever a good time to use a for-each? From reading this list for
a while these seem to be the root of most problems and are very rarely
included in any solutions... are they really necessary? (Ive read in places
they were intended to make the language easier to learn for beginners!)

2.  If a variable cannot be changed after it has been assigned, why call it
a variable?  Ive read the reasoning behind this, and yes strictly it is a
variable, but a more appropriate name would make sense.

The above makes XSLT non-intuitive, and therefore harder to learn.  Is there
another language where you cannot change the value of a variable?

cheers

andrew