Re: Re: Assignment no, dynamic scoping si (was: Wishes forXSL revisions ...

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Gunther Schadow wrote:

> There is even a simpler approach using only XSLT: I can make all
> templates use an argument that is a constructed node-set
> containing name-value pairs (the dynamic environment) and references
> to the bindings in this environment would be supported by some
> xpath selects in that environment node-set.

Thanks for the insight.  Can the dynamic environment be incorporated into
the internal subset via parameter entities?  Such a solution does not
leave interoperability entirely in crutches.

> However, the problem with any of these things is that they are
> either external additions or internal style rules none of which
> work well in a larger distributed environment. I can write my
> own systems to work that way, my own XSLT sheets to conform
> with my styles but as soon as I collaborate with others, we get
> into interoperability problems. That's why it is important to
> have a few basic constructs in the language standard.
>
> regards
> -Gunther
>

> --
> Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
> Medical Information Scientist      Regenstrief Institute for Health Care
> Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine
> tel:1(317)630-7960                         http://aurora.regenstrief.org

Mike Haarman -- mhaarma@socsci.umn.edu
College of Liberal Arts   University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, West Bank