RE: Internet Explorer for Macintosh

Just to quibble with what Mark says about IE for the Mac...

At 04:29 AM 1/9/02, he wrote:
>Up to a point I think is the answer. IE for the Mac is a different beast to
>IE for Windows, but version 5 will at least apply Microsoft's own much loved
>and popular early version of XSLT. I haven't tried it with real XSLT, and I
>cannot speak for the new version being developed for OS X.

Even if Mac IE5 supports the MS WD-xsl, "up to a point" is a point very
close to nothing at all. :-> The early Microsoft WD-xsl thing never was
XSLT, which was separated out from the rest of the XSL spec, and named,
several months after Microsoft released their product.

This is a potentially important detail (though less important, one hopes,
all the time), since it highlights how *little* like XSLT is MS WD-xsl.
They really are different languages; you can't just flip the namespace and
hope something will work.

So support for MS WD-xsl is not support for XSLT at all, never was, nor is
it support for XSL unless you're willing to abuse W3C's trademark and allow
Microsoft to define what XSL is.

(Sorry Mark, I don't mean to rain on you. :-)

Alvaro, the answer to your question would unfortunately seem to be "no".

Cheers,
Wendell