RE: Function arguments (was regexps once)

> I agree that you can think of the pertinent aspects of the focus as
> being an additional argument to the function. I just wanted to bring
> out the point because the only exising built-in function that returns
> a node tree - document() - returns the same tree *across the
> stylesheet* rather than *in a particular context*.

Actually the result of document() is context dependent, and in a rather
unusual way: it is the only construct whose result depends on the base URI
of the stylesheet element containing the expression. This base URI is used
to expand any relative URI in the call.

Mike Kay