Re: Function arguments (was regexps once)

> Fortunately, given a particular stylesheet in a particular location,
> none of this impacts on what the functions will return for a
> particular set of arguments. So you can guarantee that it doesn't
> change during the lifetime of the transformation (

Not for document() (I think), if external entities or
xsl:import/xsl:include mean that different parts of the stylesheet have
different base uri's I think the relative uri will be resolved
differently. You'd have to say that the effective argument (or required
type) of the function was an absolute uri and that any handling of
relative uri references was part of a coercion before calling the
function to get the arguments in the right form. So that document is
always "really" called with an absolute uri and always returns the same
result given that uri.

David