XML in String value

Hello all
Is it possible to use a string value instead of an XML file when applying
an XSL file.  The XSL file appears to be parsing the XML if I put the XML
string into  a file but does not if I have it in a string

ex:
Does not work:

                        sXml = (some XML string)

          sXsl = "webmenu.xsl"     --. XSL file on server

          Set oXmlDoc = Server.CreateObject("MICROSOFT.XMLDOM")
          Set oXslDoc = Server.CreateObject("MICROSOFT.XMLDOM")
          oXmlDoc.async = false
          oXslDoc.async = false

          oXmlDoc.load(sXml) --> not loaded from file

          oXslDoc.load(Server.MapPath(sXsl))
          Response.Write(oXmlDoc.transformNode(oXslDoc))  ->  XSL file not
working correctly

Works:    sXml = "webmenu.xml" --> file has same XML as string value