RE: query string vaules

hi Joshua...

what I want to do is create a sortable html
table. You click on a column header to sort
rows based on that column.

I have a javascript function which builds
a query string that looks like this:

?sortKey=[theColumn]&sortOrder=[ascOrDesc]

The request goes to the server, and I want
to be able use the query string values. I
did consider using <xsl:parameter> but I
just didn't know how to. I tried:

<xsl:parameter name="sortKey"   select="???" />
<xsl:parameter name="sortOrder" select="???" />

The further down in my stylesheet, I have:

<xsl:for-each select="Orders/RowId">
  <xsl:sort select="$sortKey" />
  <xsl:sort select="{$sortOrder}" />

(I read somewhere that I had to escape the order,
using the curly braces.) I hope I'm not on the
wrong track here. Any more help is greatly
appreciated!

thanks in advance,
-alex

In the <xsl:parameter>, I didn't know what
to put for the select.

--- Joshua.Kuswadi@BTFinancialgroup.com wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Not knowing exactly how you are using XSL and presuming you are creating
> HTML, have you considered using the <xsl:parameter> for the stylesheet
> from whatever technology is on your server?
>
> Joshua

=====
"As soon as we started programming, we found out to our surprise that it wasn't as easy to get programs right as we had thought. Debugging had to be discovered. I can remember the exact instant when I realized that a large part of my life from then on was going to be spent in finding mistakes in my own programs."
-Maurice Wilkes