A general question

Hi,

I am working on an servlet based application that was designed by someone
else. What we do is that we send xml data over to the browser and we rely on
the browsers xsl processor (msxml) to parse the xml into viewable html. what
this has done is that we are now very much browser dependant, such that our
application cannot be viewed on any other browser other than IE.

What we want to do is, of course, avoid this. What I was told is that if I
used my application server to parse my xml instead of the browser, this
would make the process faster and browser independant. i.e., parse the xml
on the server side rather than the client.

I am a newbie on this and need some direction about where I should start
studying about this. Can someone please guide me on this.

Thanks in advance.

TP.