FXSL -- a functional programming library for XSLT (Was: Re: Re: Structuring Re-useable XSLT Code for HTML)

Steve Ball <Steve dot Ball at zveno dot com> wrote:

> > gary cor wrote:
> > Any advise of pointers regarding structuring reusable XSLT code
> > would be very much appreciated...
>
> I started the XSLT Standard Library project (http://xsltsl.sf.net/)
> in order to (a) provide reusable XSLT templates/code and (b) serve as

> an example of how to engineer reusable stylesheets and templates.  As

> such, I have a keen interest in these matters.
>
> > I am building a large amount of complicated HTML pages using XSLT.
> > I have separated out the commonly used variables in HTML pages into

> > their
> [...snip...]
>
> For some time I've thought it would be very useful to add an XHTML
> module to the Standard Library.  Such a module could include
> templates for generating tables and other common constructs.  Let me
> know if you would like to work on that, and I can add you as a
> developer to the SourceForge project.

Anyone, who has read the article on functional programming in xslt [1],
is aware that FXSL  -- a functional programming library for XSLT [2]
has been produced and can be downloaded from:

http://www.topxml.com/downloads/default.asp?id=v20021156554

This library contains all the functions from the article plus a lot
more. Versions of FXSL are available for Saxon, MSXML and Xalan.

A brief description of what it contains is available at:

http://lambda.weblogs.com/discuss/msgReader$2711#2736

A functional programming library is much more than a fixed set of
templates.